Scenic Hawaii: Sea turtles.
Perhaps, Donald Trump would look upon my house in Hawaii with disdain, because it wouldn’t meet his high standards, but I will go out on a limb and declare this house is perfect for me. It meets all of my needs:
2) Large windows
3) Air conditioning (optional)
4) Quiet street
5) Bedrooms face the back yard, not the street
6) High ceiling
7) Two-car garage
8) A source of peace and tranquility
How different my life would be if I were still living in my condominium in Salt Lake, a suburb of Honolulu. I would be a nervous wreck because of:
1) The noisy traffic (particularly the buses)
2) Drive-by shootings (yes, I saw a man stick his hand out of his car window and fire a gun)
3) Noise from my neighbors
4) Vibrating walls due to loud stereos
5) Cramped living quarters.
Thank goodness we sold our two condos and bought this house in a quiet neighborhood. People talk about deriving peace and tranquility from within one’s soul. That’s well and good, but for me, having this house helps me reach that state more easily than if I were living in Salt Lake.
One’s home should be a refuge where one can find solace as well as shelter.